Smart Homes for Beginners: Simple Ways to add Security to your HomeJanuary 7th, 2019
When’s the last time you have properly secure your home? We are not just talking about locking the front door. There are multiple steps you can take to secure your home properly. Before when “securing” your home you may have had to install bulky locks that were hard to quickly open if you were in an emergency or had your hands full. Sometimes it even made it difficult when you had visitors visiting to maneuver your lock.
So, what exactly is a smart lock?
Imagine your lock to your front door just a little smarter. Our convenient smart lock helps you integrate your everyday life into your security. Check out some of the features that come with the door lock:
- Keyless Entry: Most smart locks feature a numerical keypad, which lets you unlock the door with your own personal code. Instead of using a physical key you will be able to quickly enter in the numbers whether you forget your key or not. The keyless entry will save you time when you have hands full of groceries when you are rushing out the door or even when it’s too dark to see. You will also love that each of your family members will have a unique code that they will be able to get in and out.
- Remote Locking: Those mornings of quickly shuffling you and your kids out the door, dropping off the kids at school and making it to work on time can be difficult. It’s even more difficult if you can’t remember if you locked all your doors. With remote locking, you can easily lock your front doors from your office or anywhere else you may be at. Remote locking makes it simple to let your children in after school, unlock if you have multiple groceries to carry in if you have a contractor visiting you can let them in, or even a special delivery you can have the delivery person put it in your house instead of outside.
- Alerts: Alerts can be sent to your smartphone to notify you if a specific door opens. Setup notifications to know which doors open that can help keep tabs on your kids and what time they are exiting and entering your home. Also, know when you accidentally left your door opened or didn’t lock it.
What other features can you add to your home?
- Doorbell Camera: If you are into online shopping, and constantly worry if your package might be stolen, a camera might be a simple solution. Cameras on your doorbell can help you keep track on your packages and document to make sure no one comes to your porch and takes it.
- Garage Door Opener: It’s not just your average garage door opener, this one can be accessed via your smartphone! Fix forgetfulness by receiving a notification if your garage door was left open.
- Window and Door Sensors: This will also be a product you can set up on specific windows and doors to be notified when they are open. If you have a warehouse or garage door that leads to sharp tools and products, put a notification on them to be notified if a child enters the room or potentially a burglar.
- Smart Thermostat: Save your energy in your home by installing a smart thermostat. This thermostat you will be able to access your home’s temperature and reset it to reflect your schedule. Home away for the weekend? Set it to a specific temperature where it won’t be heating/cooling while you are away, once you are ready to return home set it your ‘living’ temperature to get your home back to normal! You will also be able to lock the thermostat, so no one can constantly change the temperature you specifically set up.
Security solutions can turn your home into a smart home that compliments your lifestyle. As everything now is becoming more connected, your home can be too. If you are interested in finding out how these products can fit in your home, give us a call! 877-877-0345.